Business Center

Subletting - Forms 205 and 1425

According to section 108.1 of CDOT's Standard Special Provisions:

"The Contractor shall not sublet, sell, transfer, assign, or dispose of the Contract or Contracts, or any portion thereof without written permission of the Engineer. Prior to beginning any work by subcontractor, the Contractor shall request permission from the Engineer by submitting a completed Sublet Permit Application, CDOT Form No. 205."

205s communicate to your Project Engineer and Region Civil Rights Office the list of companies with whom you intend to enter into subcontracts under your prime contract with CDOT. You must submit an updated 205 to your CDOT Engineer every time you bring a new subcontractor on to the project. Please remember that the Prime must perform at least 30% of the work with their own forces.

Form 1425 - Supplier List is required for all suppliers you intend to use on the project for $10,000 or more.

Colorado: The Official State Web Portal